CONGRATULATIONS to Sarah Rahhal, CEO of Sunbeam Family Services!
Sarah was presented with our 2020 Povl Toussieng Memorial Leadership Award in Infant Mental Health at our Fall Conference Oct. 21. Sarah, in the words of those who have worked with, been supported by, and know her:
- Is that rare individual who embodies a passion for serving our most vulnerable families, a high level of expertise in mental health and child development, and an internal light that instantly creates felt safety and connection.
- Is a trailblazer whose influence in the mental health community continues to have far-reaching impact. As a clinician and a community leader, she relentlessly champions a cohesive system of support for those whose needs are often last to be considered.
- Leads from her heart, capitalizing on her tenacious ability to build strong relationships, create a healthy workplace culture, build strong leadership teams, and strive for continuous growth and learning.
- Understands that it is only by holding our children and families as precious that we can truly be a thriving community. For decades, she has leveraged her influence and broad community involvement to advance infant and early childhood services and policies across our state.
- Is leading efforts in the OKC area to increase awareness of the important first years of life, to strengthen and empower parents as first teachers of their children, and to provide trauma informed care for children and families.
- Is making a positive difference in our community through her efforts to ensure that every child has a healthy start and every opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Her passion for infant mental health has been exemplified and demonstrated throughout her career, from starting children's programs in community mental health and working with OUHSC to bring the Dx Tx Nursery on site, to achieving Infant Mental Health Endorsement in OK-AIMH's first Endorsement cohort to being a leader, trainer and presenter and overall champion for babies
- Is dependable in the way Povl was - and generous in sharing her knowledge about important things - like infant mental health!